Amazon

Sunday 22 November 2015

Eat Pray Love By Elizabeth Gilbert

I may be late for the party but in this case at least its better late than never. I just finished reading the book that changed Gilbert’s life and made her famous, Eat Pray Love. I had seen the film twice when it was released in 2010. I remember the exact year because it was the year when my life was changing. Anyways, film was good. And I know all the quotes from this book by heart even before reading the book. I never thought I will ever read this book. But I feel that there are some books those you read for entertainment and then there are some books that happen to you, to change you and your life.




Eat Pray love happened to me accidentally recently on a rainy day in England. I was waiting for few people in library when I spotted her (the book). I had nothing to do and wanted to appear busy therefore was just turning the pages. It wasn’t enough for me and felt the urgent need to appear more busy, action kind busy. I walked towards reservation counter to borrow it. That walk somewhat satisfied my need. I told myself I will return this book on my next visit. I have many other important books to finish, this one doesn’t deserve my time. But I was so wrong. 

Paulo Coehlo's Aleph has set a benchmark on my mind which I had read 3 years ago and I was hoping to find another such kind and that satisfaction I found again in Elizabeth Gilbert's words. So I learned that you might not find what you're looking for from the same author. The author can create that magic only once after that their masterpiece become their own competitor unfortunately. 

After I came back home, I was sure that I will return the book very next day. I opened the first page to read the quotes I already knew. I just wanted to underline those lines and wanted to share those quotes on Internet. BUT what I found ? How this works or 109th Bead. So beautifully Elizabeth had explained the concept behind 109th Bead in the first chapter. She explains the reason behind the title of her book Eat Pray Love and she also tell us the reason for number of chapters in this book. I couldn't take my eyes off from her words. You know you're reading a good book when you feel like author is talking to you one to one. I felt same while reading her book.

Elizabeth divorced her husband and found herself in another emotionally draining relationship with a 10 years younger guy called David. She realized after some time that she need to be her own hero and save herself. She decide to travel the world to re discover herself and to heal her broken heart. Her life take her to 3 three completely different places. The book is divided into 3 sections - Italy, India and Indonesia. Wherever she went she had this urge to learn something. In Italy, she learned to speak fluently. In India, She learned to let go and Indonesia taught her to love again!  


I love each and every sentence written by Elizabeth Gilbert.This book is entertaining, funny, emotional and soul touching. And I felt that it is the best way to write travelogue. Writing in such a fashion that reader will feel that they are reading the experience of their friend.Adding emotional and funny touch to it and writing about things that cannot find on Google. If only there was more travel books like this I would've already traveled the world through these books.  

Eat Pray Love will inspire you to do something about your life. It will inspire you to learn something and to be emotionally independent. If by chance you dive deep into the words and stay there for some days then you might stumble upon more deeper message for you. I cannot explain it to you. You have to feel those words yourself. 

This is one of the books where I feel that words are not enough to describe its beauty. I highly recommend this book to everyone even if you've already seen the movie. Before signing off  I just want to say Congratulations to meet you, Elizabeth Gilbert !!!

Have you read this book ? Did you like it or hate it ? Why ? And just for fun what is more important to you eat , pray or love ?


No comments:

Post a Comment